Heart-shaped sugar cookies are a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day …This recipe has been in our family for years and it’s always an enjoyable family activity for us. It can, of course, be used for other holidays, events, or for just making any other creation that you have a cookie cutter for …but for now, it’s all about Valentine’s Day, so we are using various size hearts.
There are several variations that can be used with this recipe:
- You can adjust the size and thickness of the cookie for your preference.
- Additional milk can be added to the icing to make it a more thin, glaze-like icing, but adding less milk will produce a more thick frosting.
- Use various colors for the icing.
- Keep some icing white -without adding food color.
- Add some cocoa to white (uncolored) icing to frost some of them chocolate.
- Use various sprinkles or decorations.
- Use a decorator icing bag with small pointed tip to add a message or any text to the cookie… or create other designs on the cookies with various tips.
If you can think of any other variations, please mention in the comments or if you make these, please share a picture !
Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!